Video surveillance is the secret in fighting against theft, vandalism and loss. As a commercial business owner, it is your job to ensure that your property is properly protected. This includes employees, building, inventory and customers. Locking the door is not enough, not even for a small or middle-sized business, not to mention large companies.
Maybe you think your business doesn`t need video surveillance, but you are wrong. Nowadays, we can see surveillance cameras all over business areas: in restaurants, grocery stores, clothing stores, cafes and so on.
So, what are the advantages and the importance of a video surveillance system for your commercial business?
Aspects to consider before purchasing video cameras
Even though surveillance system manufacturers come with state-of-the-art products, it is not mandatory that those you install are also the most expensive ones. You can find a decent surveillance kit for your business, without spending too much money on it.
Here are the most important things to take into consideration when looking for Denver commercial security camera systems.
- First of all, you need to think about the number of camcorders you need for the space you want to keep an eye on. If, for example, you want to supervise the activity of an exterior area where goods or products are stored, you must determine the locations of the cameras to be installed, to cover the entire area of interest.
- After you have set the number of cameras required to observe the area from different angles, you must choose a DVR that supports the number of connected devices. This DVR (Digital Video Recorder) is, in fact, the most important element of a surveillance system; it receives video and audio signals from cameras, records them and transmits them to the support you use to store recordings. Also, it will display the image for each camera and may have 4, 16, 24 or 32 channels.
You also need to be careful about the capacity of the DVR. Because these devices do not have internal memory, it will be necessary to look for models that allow you to use memory cards with large storage capacity, or to connect an external storage space, in particular a hard drive.
- You must also pay close attention to the quality of the recorded image. If the video is of poor quality, in the case of criminal offenses, the surveillance system may not be of much use, so it would be best to choose cameras and a DVR with high and similar resolutions, to ensure that the recordings are of high quality.
- If you are interested in what is happening on your commercial area during the night, you will need a night vision system.
- Last but not least, in order to always have access to the images transmitted by the cameras you have installed on your commercial property, the system should be connected wireless to the internet, so that the recorded images can be accessed from your phone or other mobile device and viewed in real time.
Keep in mind the recommendations of the specialists
The easiest thing, when you shop for a surveillance camera system is to choose one of the kits made available by the manufacturers. These are very practical because they contain the whole set, with all the components necessary to install a system that will protect your business.